“SEE CANADA BY RAIL CONTEST”
1.The Contest is in conjunction with the “Alberta Pioneer Railway Association” and “Via Rail Canada Inc.” (the “”). The Contest runs at the Alberta Railway Museum from July 1, 2018 to September 3, 2018 15:59:59 p.m. (MT) (the “”).ELIGIBILITY
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in his province or territory of residence. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, of their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible.
2.1 The Contest is restricted to visitors of the Alberta Railway Museum during operating hours during the Contest Period.
3. One (1) prize is offered consisting of: A Promotional Travel Credit on Via Rail Canada. The prize is valued at $750.
The following conditions apply to the prize:
a) Travel Credit cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
b) Travel Credit is not transferable or redeemable in cash.
c) The voucher must be accepted as presented, and is valid for the winner only;
d) Travel Credit is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue (Sept. 3, 2018)
e) Travel Credit is not valid for travel between Dec. 20th and January 5th.
f) Winner may apply Travel Credit against train tickets or any other Via travel product (such as Canrailpass or BizPak), with the exception of on-board train services (such as meals) and/or Gift Cards
HOW TO ENTER
4. To enter, guests may pick up their contest form from the station during operating hours at the Alberta Railway Museum.
Fill out the entry form by entering your first name, last name, day phone number including the area code and your e-mail address, and drop in the specially marked entry box;
4.1 By participating, you declare that you are a Canadian resident having the age of majority in your province or territory of residence and you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of the present Contest Rules;
5. Limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
5.1 Only one (1) entry per person;
5.2 Only one (1) entry per e-mail address.
6. At 5 p.m. on September 3, 2018, in Edmonton, a random draw of one (1) eligible entry will be held among all entries registered and received during the Contest Period.
7. Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant’s entry being selected depend on the number of eligible entries registered and received during the Contest Period.
AWARDING OF THE PRIZE
To be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
8.1 Be reached by phone or by e-mail, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers, within two (2) business days following the draw. Should a selected entrant be reached by e-mail, he must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the e-mail, as the case may be. Return of an e-mail prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of a new entrant;
8.2 Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question which will be e-mailed or asked during a telephone call to take place at a mutually agreed upon time;
8.3 Fill out and sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) that the Contest Organizers will provide to him by mail, fax or e-mail to the effect that, among other things, he has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within two (2) days of its receipt;
8.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide a piece of identification bearing a photograph.
Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
Within one (1) week following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will communicate with the winner in order to inform him as to the manner of claiming his prize.
9. The Contest Organizers will announce the name of the winner within ten (10) business days following the end of the Contest.
10. Verification. Entry Forms and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid e-mail address or phone number or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to the prize, as the case may be. In the same manner, any mistake in the answer to the mathematical skill-testing question will result in the rejection of the registration of the person concerned.
11. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
12. Acceptance of the prize. Prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person or exchanged for another prize or for cash
13. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
14. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, the entrant selected for the prize releases and holds harmless the Released Parties with respect to any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
15. Liability limit: supplying of the prize. The entrant selected for the prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize.
16. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
17. Termination of participation in the Contest. If participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered and received during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event that ended participation in the Contest.
18. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
19. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant selected for the prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding the prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
20. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
21. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
22. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded if he is selected and declared a winner.
23. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
24. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.